Make up a to do list of your days activities. If that is easy for you then, you might be a programmer.
Path to programming.
- Know a subject that gives you reason to program
- Learn logic
- Learn the syntax of a possible language that looks interesting
- Apply practical examples till you feel comfortable.
- Learn to debug.
- Work as a maintenance programmer.
- Develop a plan for the program you want to write
and describe in detail what is to be done (see below),
- Code in manageble segments via modules.
- Test and redo the program as needed.
Pseudo coding makes life easier.
Dump web page as ascii (text) to disk file.
Read disk file one line at a time in, but ignore all lines till you get what is needed.
Now continue reading one line at a time, but ignore certain lines
With the line you read in output what is needed, while editing out unwanted characters.
Stop output when you get to a point nothing else is needed.
Finnish reading file one line at a time.